I feel it's time to finally come clean here on this blog. For a long time, I've been keeping a secret - much like I hide the fact that I did indeed watch the full last season of the Bachelorette! (Whoops. Cat's out of that bag too!)
Every month at work, I have to admit I eagerly await the arrival of a certain glossy piece of literature. Even more that I await National Geographic - or the latest gossip mag that keeps me more up-to-date about celebrities than I am with many friends.
No, this piece of literature that I snatch every month is none other than the Solutions Catalog!How can I love a catalog so much? Because it's all the cool solutions people have found to vexing problems!
Isn't that exactly what creative thinking and innovation is all about? See a problem - find a way to fix it. And Solutions Catelog is an entire mini booklet FULL of problems that people have solved!
It's so fun to read through this catelog, see a new product and have a lightbulb go off in my head that says "I get it! I have that problem too and it drives me insane!"
And to make it even better, every single item in the catelog has a headline that clearly states exactly the problem it solves.
For example, have any of you ever wanted to:
- Chill wine bottles fast & keep them at serving temperature?
- Save money on your water bill without giving up a luxurious shower flow?
- Quickly turn light strings into neat, ready to store bundles?
- Hide plunging necklines with without wearing a bulky tank top underneath?
- Keep your cat's litter box from ruining the decor of your small apartment?
- Play Fetch with your dog without getting dog drool all over your hands from throwing the ball?
Guess where you can find solutions to those problems and many more! (And if you don't like getting snail mail, they even have the url www.solutions.com! Jealous!)
Plus, I love all the whacky solutions people come up with - especially the seasonal ones. Who doesn't want to put up window hangings that make it look like monster eyes peering out of your house? Or glow-in-the-dark nail polish markers to make spooky fingernail designs???
Anyone else love the Solutions Catalog? What's your favorite solution?